The internet is a wealth of information! Unfortunately it’s not always good or accurate information and it can be hard to tell with so much conflicting information out there. We encourage our pet owners to research their pets health, so here are some trusted websites that may be beneficial. For sites not listed here, please consider these suggestions when looking at veterinary information online.
Parasites, Heartworm disease and Zoonotic Diseases (The things we can get from our pets):
- Worms and Germs Blog from the University of Guelph
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- The American Heartworm Society
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- CatInfo.Org: Common Sense. Healthy Cats.
- The Feline Health Center at Cornell University
- The Indoor Cat Initiative at Ohio State University
- Well Cat for Life: An Initiative from the Feline Advisory Bureau
- Getting your cat into the carrier…the right way
- The Indoor Dog Initiative at Ohio State University
- The Dog Health Info Center at the Morris Animal Foundation
- How to train your dog for toe nail trims